Newborn Well-Child Visit
This is one of the most exciting moments in a parent's life! Your new bundle of joy has arrived!
Your baby's first check-up usually takes place 3-5 days after giving birth. In this visit you can expect us to:
- Check your baby's weight
- Review birth and pregnancy history
- Register the baby as a new patient
- Establish family and social history
- Check to see how your baby is feeding
- Answer all questions you may have about your new baby!
We will also review all paperwork and testing done in the hospital and administer the first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine if not given in the hospital.
Anticipatory Guidance: Bright Futures Parent Handout: First Week Visit (3 to 5 Days)