Travel & Testing
For 14 days before you travel, take everyday precautions like wearing masks, social distancing, and washing your hands. Avoid the following activities that can put you at higher risk for COVID-19:
- Going to a large social gathering like a wedding, funeral, or party.
- Attending a mass gathering like a sporting event, concert, or parade.
- Being in crowds like in restaurants, bars, fitness centers, or movie theaters.
- Being on trains, buses, boats, in airports, or using public transportation.
Testing prior to and after travel:
- Get tested 1-3 days before your flight/travel.
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If you do not get tested, it is safest to stay home for 10 days after travel.
- Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.
- Delay your travel if you are waiting for test results.
***A negative test does not mean that you were not exposed or that you will not develop COVID-19. Make sure to wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash your hands, and watch your health for signs of illness while traveling.
Delay or cancel travel if you are:
- Have recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have suspected COVID-19 diagnosis (even if currently asymptomatic)
- Have had close contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.